WARNING!!
All content on this website is copyrighted. Do not use any content of this website without our written permission, to include photos.


Saturday, December 30, 2017

Ending the Year on a Sweet Note

Another brutally cold day in the middle of the country on the Great Plains.  Today's daytime high was 2'F.  Two sad little degrees is all we could muster.  And today is the warmest day for the next two.  The hens are out of the wind and any drafts, and are quite well fed, but they are getting stir crazy at being stuck inside. With wind chills heading towards -30-40 degrees, there is NO WAY they are setting one toe outside.  It's bad enough that we have to dress like the Stay-Puffed Marshmallow Man when WE have to go out to take care of them.  I refuse to knit sweaters for them or fit them with little tuft muffs.

Stir crazy is starting to work it's way through the house.  Any time I am forced to stay inside, is the time I want to go do something the MOST.  Another book down, another blog post, more laundry and thumb twiddling and I'm ready to start talking to sock puppets.  So imagine my surprise when The Boy worked his way up the steps from his computer kingdom and asked if he could bake.  "Sure, have at it. Whatever you want to do, as long as I don't have to clean up after you." was my reply.

The pots and pans started to rattle.  I heard the KitchenAid going and the washing and cracking of eggs.

Imagine my surprise when he appeared with these AND the kitchen was clean.

Chocolate Souffle


It's a Festivus Miracle!!





1 comment: